Friday, November 8, 2013

My Favorite Smoothie Recipe

I don't use measuring cups or anything, so bear with me! This is a sweet smoothie, and an easy choice for newbies to start because you can make the smoothie without the kale or spinach then slowly start adding it in, and increasing, as you acclimate to the taste. Because I like my smoothies to be cold, and because they're less expensive, I buy frozen strawberries and blueberries. Sometimes I pre-make little baggies with all of the fruits and freeze them, so when I'm in a rush in the morning, I can just throw the contents of the bag in the blender and quickly add the other ingredients. You can obviously change the amount of any ingredient to suite your taste. Sometimes I use more kale then other times; sometimes I use 1.5 bananas; and sometimes I don't use a date at all.

  • 5 strawberries
  • 2 handfuls of blueberries
  • 1 banana
  • I medjool date (with pit removed)
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
  • A handful or 2 of kale or spinach
  • Almond milk- plain and unsweetened (You must obviously add enough so that the smoothie can blend, but the amount depends on how you prefer the texture of the smoothie) 

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend! Add in more almond milk to create the desired consistency.
Depending on how much kale/spinach, strawberries or blueberries you use, your smoothie may look green/grey, pink or purple. Try trading some of the ingredients for other things like raspberries, Greek yogurt, kefir, hemp hearts, collard greens and coconut water.




No comments:

Post a Comment